11 September 2008

The Beginning

Here I sit, having payed WAY too much to get 5 different bows tuned and ready to shoot. I ask myself, why in the world does it cost that much, and the answer, you pay for ignorance. Not theirs, but yours. Ignorance of how to do it. Ignorance of what all you would need to do it. And in the end, ignorance of the fact that you NEED to know how to do it. What would happen if one day I was on a hunt, and first thing in the day I snap a d-loop or drop my bow and knock my rest out of alignment? My day would be ruined, quite frankly my whole hunting trip could be ruined.

So I add up the money I spent on getting the work done for me and realize that I could have bought all the equipment it would take to just do it all myself. Of course, it wouldn't be done by now (about a month after the fact), because there's that ignorance thing I mentioned before. Can't be that hard though, right?!? So, let the journey begin.
  • Bow press in the mail... check
  • Basic set of allen wrenches... check
  • A few bow specific tools (I'll get into the details later)... check
  • Places to go to for information... check
  • Basic mechanical knowledge... check
  • Someone to go to when I inevitably mess it all up... not without giving away another arm!!
So here I go, for better or worse. One way or another I will learn to do this. Maybe along the way, you will too.

No comments: